Abraxane Vial Injection:-
ABRAXANE Ã‚® for Injectable Suspension (paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension) is indicated for the treatment of breast cancer after failure of combination chemotherapy for metastatic disease or relapse within 6 months of adjuvant chemotherapy. Prior therapy should have included an anthracycline unless clinically contraindicated. Abraxane is classified as an plant alkaloid, taxane and an antimicrotubule agent.
The following side effects are common (occurring in greater than 30%) for patients taking Abraxane: However these side effects are quite manageable and there are many options to minimize or prevent them.
- Low blood counts (your white and red blood cells may temporarily decrease which can put you at increased risk for infection and/or anemia)
- Hair loss
- Abnormal ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Peripheral neuropathy (numbness and tingling of hands and feet)
- Arthralgias and myalgias, pain in the joints and muscles (usually temporary occurring 2-3 days after Abraxane, and resolve within a few days)
- Weakness and fatigueIncreases in blood tests measuring liver function (these return to normal once treatment is discontinued)
It is manufactured by Biocon India.