|Home||» Products||» Pharmaceutical Tablets||» Aromasin 25 Mg Tablet|
Aromasin 25 Mg Tablet
Aromasin 25 Mg Tablet:-
Aromasin is a hormone therapy. Aromasin is classified as an aromatase inhibitor.
What Aromasin Is Used For:
- Aromasin is used to treat advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women whose disease has progressed following tamoxifen therapy.
- Approved for adjuvant treatment of post-menopausal women with estrogen receptor positive early breast cancer who have received 2 to 3 years of tamoxifen therapy and are switched to Aromasin to complete a total of 5 consecutive years of adjuvant hormonal therapy.
How Aromasin Is Given:
Aromasin is taken by mouth, in tablet form, once a day
Aromasin should be taken after a meal
Aromasin 25 Mg Side-Effects:
These side effects are less common side effects (occurring in about 10-29%) of patients receiving Aromasin:
- Nausea (mild)
- Hot flashes
- Bone pain
- Shortness of breath
- Not all side effects are listed above. Some that are rare (occurring in less than 10% of patients) are not listed here. However, you should always inform your health care provider if you experience any unusual symptoms.
Contact your health care provider immediately, day or night, if you should experience any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Having thoughts or feeling like you may want to harm yourself or others
The following symptoms require medical attention, but are not an emergency. Contact your health care provider within 24 hours of noticing any of the following:
- Nausea (interferes with ability to eat and unrelieved with prescribed medication)
- Extreme fatigue (unable to carry on self-care activities)
- Depressed (interfering with your ability to carry on your regular activities)
- Always inform your health care provider if you experience any unusual symptoms.
Before starting Aromasin treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about any other medications you are taking (including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins, herbal remedies, etc.).
Inform your health care professional if you are pregnant or may be pregnant prior to starting this treatment. Pregnancy category D (Aromasin may be hazardous to the fetus. Women who are pregnant or become pregnant must be advised of the potential hazard to the fetus).
For both men and women: Do not conceive a child (get pregnant) while taking Aromasin. Barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms, are recommended. Discuss with your doctor when you may safely become pregnant or conceive a child after therapy.
Do not breast feed while taking Aromasin.